Join us in Portland, OR, September 6-8, 2017.
Submit a proposal!
- Speaker proposals due: 11:59 PM PT, May 25, 2017
- Speakers notified: Mid-June, 2017
- Program schedule announced: Mid-late June, 2017
We’re excited to offer you an opportunity to teach (and learn from) your peers as a speaker at nginx.conf 2017. Share your story about how you’re using NGINX and NGINX Plus to build and deliver modern applications to your customers -- achieving performance, scale, continuous deployment, elasticity, or just a happier, more productive dev team!
Our theme this year is Architect the Future – tell us how you envision using NGINX with tomorrow's applications, or check out the suggested topics below for inspiration on the types of talks we’re looking for.
Architecture & Development
- Microservices-based applications
- Migrating to NGINX from hardware or other software solutions
- Auto-scaling systems and infrastructure
- IoT and embedded systems
- Architecture of high performance web apps
- Tuning of operating systems and network
- Caching, sharding, replication
- Storage and filesystems
- Reducing app latency
Operations & Deployment
- Adopting continuous integration and deployment
- Monitoring and observability of modern applications
- Configuration management
- Custom tooling/wiring examples built around NGINX to support CI/CD
- Insights and best practices from real-world deployments
- Running hybrid cloud and on-premises systems
- Organizational changes when adopting microservices
- Adopting containerization
Our goal is to offer the most compelling content and provide practical information for our attendees. The nginx.conf event draws a wide range of developers, sysadmins, DevOps practitioners, IT managers, and other technology leaders with all levels of expertise, so we're looking for a variety of topics to appeal to different audiences.
- Talk about what you know, with real-world examples.
- Give the audience concrete takeaways that they can apply after nginx.conf.
- Show and share your config files, example code, github repos, etc.
- Have fun with it – let your personal voice come through in your content; make it unique to your personality and engaging for a group of your peers.
- Submit the form by Thursday, May 25 at 11:59PM PT.
- Submit as many talks as you like, but keep in mind that quality beats quantity every time.
Selection Process & Requirements:
- Reviews are done by a committee, and submitters will be notified of status by late June.
- All presenters must adhere to the nginx.conf Code of Conduct. Please review before submitting your talk.
- You must attend nginx.conf in person, September 6–8 in Portland, OR.
- We plan on recording all the presentations and making the videos available online for free after the conference concludes. If you prefer not to be recorded, just let us know in the Notes to the Planning Committee section.
Selected Presenters Receive:
- A 20-minute or 40-minute time slot at nginx.conf to share with our audience
- A free speaker pass to nginx.conf
- A free ticket for another attendee and a code for 25% off additional tickets
- An invitation to join us at the nginx.conf 2017 VIP Reception
Other Submission Resources:
- Check out past nginx.conf talks here for more inspiration.
- Check out this great resource from O'Reilly about good conference proposals. It goes through examples of excellent proposals, divided by presentation type: Skills, Technology, Case Study, and Tutorials.
- Or, view Matthew McCullough’s presentation on 10 Quick Tips for More Effective Conference Submissions and Presentations.
Reach out to us by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing what you’d like to share with the NGINX community!